Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Starting my Cytotec (Misoprostol) experiece tonight

I have been avoiding my house like the plague! I had it in my head that if I came home, I would HAVE to start this junk. Well, I'm trying to hold it off as much as possible. I'm hoping this takes effect early on me and I don't have to endure the nightmares my mind is conjuring. Just a typical disclosure- this is my experience and not of anyone with a medical background. Please take it just as that. I will try to update through the process to give others hope....or engage more fear (oh goodness, I sure hope not!) Here goes nothing.. :(

______________________________________________________________________

1130p- Pills inserted, vicodin taken, bed 'made'...hoping to get a little sleep before this all begins.

230a- well I managed to sleep 2 hours and am now in some pretty annoying pain. I can't keep still and Im hoping this means I'm responding. I was almost in tears but didn't want to wake The Husband just yet.

430a- after dozing off for an hour or so, I woke up with the worst pain I've ever had. Tolerable, but so very intense. The process had started between 230 and 430. I went to the bathroom and there were tons of large clots. This was the only time I had felt any sort of nausea and was VERY faint. I woke up after a couple of minutes and was laying on my bathroom floor. That was pretty scary. I stumbled into bed, woke up The Husband and he filled my hot water bottle. I curled up with that and a heating pad and was finally able to fall asleep until 7am. He was very concerned at this point  He said I was dripping with sweat and couldn't stop shaking. This was the only time I have experienced any sort of serious discomfort.. This was by far the worse time. But it was short lived. Turning the a/c down helped immensely.

7a- The Husband was alarmed because the last time I was awake I looked horrible. I woke up in good spirits and ready to take my past due Vicodin and eat a little breakfast.

850a- I got up and moved around in hopes to keep the process going. The Vicodin finally kicked in, but it barely touches the pain but does make me incredibly sleepy. The pain has increased a little and the heating pad and hot water bottle are my best friends!

1130a- the Vicodin is knocking me out. The pain is still there (6/10) but the RX is making me very fatigued. So I keep falling asleep. Bleeding has not picked up as of yet.

140p- took my 3rd Vicodin and am about to fall asleep. I've been getting up as standing and walking as much as possible. The pain is intense but tolerable. It comes and goes so the high intensity does kill you but it does wear you out pretty quickly. I have been able to eat and drink just fine. I was concerned that nausea would take over, but since the bout this morning, I've been just fine.

Pretty much from 140p on I slept, ate, and slept some more. We watched the Hatfield's and McCoy's and just took it easy until we NEEDED blizzards.

As of 940p- I am feeling pretty darn great. Knock on wood.



If I were to have any tips they would be these:

1. Make sure someone is home with you. Go over what you expect and let them know a clear understanding of what to do in an emergency or what you're going to need if you are unable to explain it. The Husband was an amazing help. We discussed everything right before, so he would be prepped as well. I gave him worse case scenarios. I wrote my doctor's information down and had my ID and insurance card handy. I had all my drinks in the fridge cold ( I hate warm drinks) and had any snacks ready on the counter. Changes of clothes were on the bathroom counter and the trashcans had multiple liners in them to make it easier on him.

2. PREP. Kind of an extension from above. Be prepared for the worse and hope for the best. I had tons of gatorade and snacking food just in case I was unable to eat a meal. This made it easy for The Husband to get me something quickly. Set up your bathrooms in the easiest way for you. I had tons of liners in each trashcan so The Husband could change it. I had the hamper for soiled clothes (luckily did not need this) set up so he could take it to the laundry asap as well.

3. Use puppy pads to protect furniture and your bed. We had some left over puppy pads from whenever Ruby had her puppies. They're IDENTICAL to the pads you see at your OB/GYN or hospital. I put them under and on top of my sheets and on my couch. Again, luckily did not need them, but I can see where they would've come in handy if I was unable to make it to the bathroom in time.

4. Hydrate! Drink that water prior and during. Make sure you pee before laying down to insert the medicine so you will not need to get up for a couple of hours.

5. Find some good movies! Use netflix, hulu, or blockbuster..whatever! It was nice to have something funny to watch while I was rocking back in forth in pain.

6. Relax as much as possible. As much as this situation sucks, you have 0 control over it. I had to finally give in and figure that out. I have no control over this. The blighted ovum wasn't my fault and either I am able to do this at home or I get booked for a d&c. This was the only choice I had in the process. I'm glad I was able to have these last few moments pregnant at home..with The Husband by my side..not my doctor.

As incredibly difficult this was emotionally, I was expecting the physical to be so much worse than it was. Though I'm not sure if I passed what I needed to or not, I am just glad I survived this..and God forbid I ever need to do it again, I know exactly what to expect. It was pretty empowering and almost relaxing to be able to do it at home.

I cannot say this enough. My husband was made for me and I was made for him. He was an absolute Godsend and has taken care of me every step of the way. He has brought me drinks, rubbed my back, fixed my bed, gotten me food, etc all day long. I know its what he 'should' do, but its great to know its what he wanted to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment