Monday, September 24, 2012

Shannon Stewart is back.

I decided that since tomorrow will probably SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK (Louise, I bet you can imagine me saying that one) that I was going to be crafty all day. Besides staying up until 445a studying and then taking a midterm the previous night/morning and waking up at 1100a, I was super productive! I don't know why I didn't stay up for 15 more minutes to see The Husband off, now that I think of it. Anyway, I went to Micheal's and grabbed a ridiculous amount of stuff to make some cute things!

My domestic duties were on high today. House was cleaned, floors swept, mopped, vacuumed, shampooed. Dinner (a roast) in the crock pot and I made apple pie in apples for dessert. Delish! I had seen a couple of things on pinterest I had wanted to try. Mostly this little guy! He is so ridiculously cute and I plan on putting candy corn in it. I made it out of a clay pot and saucers and the rest is pretty much obvious. Lots of paint and some wooden spools. Ta-da! On the inside of the saucer (didn't take a picture unfortunately) I painted "BOO!" Super cute!


 This was kind of a spur of the moment thing. I needed some new modge podge and I was walking through the wooden letters anyway.  I was getting the foilage that went along with the orange bats for another project and the stickers were 40% off....its like it was meant to be, right? This looks WAY cuter than what my stinking little iphone camera can do. I really love it and can't wait for people to come over to see it!


Oh this picture is HORRIBLE but its actually The Husband's favorite new thing I've made. It was just a cardboard hat that I made a band out of the same green paper used in the BOO and a little ribbon. I made a faux boa out of the purple feathers and attached an orange bat. He thinks this is the greatest thing for some reason. Maybe because he thinks he can wear it?












Making all this Halloween decor is getting me too excited for Halloween. I was really excited for it for other reasons 2 weeks ago, but right now Im just excited to be able to have a little fun and get silly. I have a feeling that I'll be 'crafting' once again now that I'll have some free time as opposed to being obsessed with TTC for the next month or so. Or...maybe I'll concentrate more on school. Yeah right, Martha---Shannon Stewart is back!



No comments:

Post a Comment