Thursday, August 9, 2012

Choices in Infertility

I've been on a positivity kick recently--which I didn't know was possible with infertility! I've decided to have a "we have lots of options" look out on what we are going through and taking every day a minute at a time. I really don't know what has come over me, but I like it! It makes me feel like my "old" self- pre-clomid craziness!

That being said, I was talking to a friend the other day about how I'm going to make choices in my infertility. She brought up the fact that there are not very many choices in IF. Isn't that kind of true? A lot of times, your insurances tells you which doctor you can go to. You don't always get to choose if you're seeing the doctor or the nurse. Your treatment can be limited to their interpretation of your physical ability to obtain a pregnancy. These are all "short ends of the stick." I'm done with that crap! I'm choosing from now on..

I have decided I, officially, have 2 choices in our battle to become pregnant. These are two VERY important choices, us as IFers have to choose one.

1. I can choose to be a Negative Nancy, a Debbie Downer, or anything else that gives negativity a rhyming name. I can believe that all of our trials and tribulations WON'T work and that I am wasting our time, money, and emotional well-being.

OR

2. I can CHOOSE to be a Positive Polly, a Sunny Sally (I think you get what I'm doing here). I can choose to believe that this will work. This is what is meant to happen and we will be parents.


There are so many variables in all of our battles that we cannot control, but our attitudes are all ours. We can choose to not be so hard on ourselves. Do you think you deserve to be criticized all the time? I don't! I am ready to free myself of feeling worthless and inadequate. You do not deserve that either! 

Just like many other couples, our insurance covers 0%. If your insurance covers even 50%- Be happy! Thats 50% more than what a lot of people get. If your insurances covers 100%....Be ELATED! That's amazing and I'm so happy for you! Be happy that you get this opportunity to explore your options. The Husband and I are definitely not rich and this is very trying on our financial state (since I'm still in school and he works in public safety) but, we are CHOOSING our attitudes about every bump along the way. Let me just tell you, it feels GREAT!!

From now on, I'm choosing 2

So, who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment