Saturday, March 12, 2011

Beanie Babies...

If you only knew how many of these I have in my office right now you'd probably either laugh or feel very sorry for me. The Husband's WONDERFUL Grandma loves to love us. We love to love her too. We like to have a garage sale at my sister's house 2 times a year. She always finds stuff to give us to sell and never once anything in return. SO SWEET! Her lovely friend has helped out this time and passed out 4 or 5 boxes of beanie babies. My equally as wonderful, mouther in law tried to go through them but wasn't too sure so the last day or so I ahve been trying to go through them. I mean, I don't want to sell one for $1 at a garage sale and it be woth $500 or something. But I will say, they are consuming me.



Do you remember when people thought they were going to get famous off these things? Well one of those people is my husband...in 2011. SERIOUSLY. He's always looking for a quick buck, this guy. For the past few months it has been playing the lottery, which I LOVE to do. Come on...Bingo queen right here!







So, what does he do when he sees all these lovely stuffed creations? Besides laying on the floor and making a beanie baby angel (which yes, he did), he decides do look all of them up on eBay with me. These things are going for .99 cents...$3 with free shipping. SERIOUSLY?!  There goes our chances of retiring early.


This stuff is serious, yall. I don't want to scare yall with my severe knowledge of these things, because Lord knows I've learned too much in the last 48 hours, but these things are super cute but worth NOTHING.
Remember having your mom drive you to EVERY McDonalds in a  30 mile radius? Wait, that was just me and my sister? Oh. Well we did. We loved them, not so much because they were 'valuable' but because it made us happy. They're cute and sweet and my mom didn't have to cook dinner..or lunch...or breakfast.  Then for a little bit people were making that money, selling them and all that. And now..these people that have put so much into aren't even able to sell 1000 for $20,000.
 WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO!?



I

No comments:

Post a Comment