Saturday, January 3, 2009

First time for everything!

So here I am! I started a blog when we first got engaged, but honestly, I never kept up with it. Now that we are 6 months and a couple weeks away from "THE EVENT", as Kyle likes to call it, I decided I need to start one.

I start back to school on the 15th. I keep saying, only a few more years and it makes the semesters go by faster. Kyle is trying to transfer to a district closer to the house so he is home more. Which is an A+ in my book! :) Everyone asks me if I know what Im getting myself into, marrying a cop. Uhhhm! YEAH! I was with him when he was unemployed, when he started work as a jailer at the county jail, when he decided to go to the police academy and work, and I was there when he thought he didn't get hired right away. And IM HERE NOW! I totally know what Im getting myself into.

I don't know if Im the only one who gets told divorce statistics, but its pretty annoying, I know fire fighters, military, police officer, etc fiance's get the short end of the stick. But Im here to say, I don't think of myself as a statistic. And I DEFINITELY won't think of my marriage as a statistic either.

Anyway, thats been on my mind lately. I almost want to bet that same person will get me that "I married a cop" book when we get married.. ohh boo!

So on to our checks!!!

  • venue (chapel and reception hall)
  • caterer
  • DJ
  • half of the flowers
  • bridesmaids dresses have been picked out (purchased by first week in FEB)
  • cake
  • invitations picked out
  • favors picked out
  • picked out my dress, order will be placed on Jan. 15th

Some things we need to do:

  • get invitations printed
  • find a wholesaler for flowers
  • find hairstylist and make up artist
  • get signed contract from photographer
  • get officiant
  • finish favors

Im going to stop right there. Im starting to get pretty anxious! Whoa! 6 months. We can do it, all you other July 09 brides!

Im so glad I decided to start a new blog, and will definitely be updating. Its 2009! Its a new year for a new me!

No comments:

Post a Comment