Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Honey, come home!

So here I sit at 7:26pm. I've been home for an hour and The Husband should've been home and hour and a half ago....but he's not here.

I'm not sure I have ever mentioned but he is in law enforcement and I couldn't be more proud of him. He's my hero on so many levels its ridiculous.

In our area it has been nuts for him and his guys. There was an officer related shooting last night that involved his BFF. Thats not his first friend who has been involved in a shooting this year, so that rubbed me in a very weird way this morning. Not something I wanted to wake up to and SEE on the news.

Then this afternoon, a new mom (just a year older than me), was taking her 3 DAY OLD baby out of the pediatrician and putting him in the car..when she was shot NINE times. They kidnapped her baby and are now on the run.
Here is the AMBER ALERT! for the baby!

And then I get a text for The Husband "I love you babe and Ill be home later." :(
Thats when the calls and texts pour in. "IS HE AT THE SWAT STANDOFF?" Well.....that would explain it, wouldn't it. When I talked to him after the mother was shot, he was ready to find this baby and the deplorable humans that did that. He did not want to come home until they were found. Bless his heart. I think , with us and our challenges, it has put an even bigger importance on parenthood. He felt that loss for that mother and father and that family. He has felt it just like I have.

I could not be married to a better man.

No comments:

Post a Comment