Thursday, April 25, 2013

D&C

I had my D&C at 11 am on Wednesday, April 24th. I survived! I opted to have it in office under IV sedation to avoid hospital fees for the same procedure. I will say the actual procedure and the recovery has been so much easier than I had anticipated. Prior to the procedure they had me take a zofran and a Xanax. I need more than one of those things, they never control my anxiety fully. Thank goodness The Husband was in attendance and tried to help me. The worst part of the whole thing was waiting. Waiting to get called back. Waiting for the anesthesiologist. Waiting for the meds. It was very trying. I had an anxiety attack by the time I was receiving my IV. I wish The Husband had come back with me at that point. I started to cry and started sweat. I couldn't stop shaking and felt like I was going to pass out. I had not had an attack in so long I forgot how scary they are. He sent me to the operation room and I started to faint but thankfully made it to the table. He saw what was going on and was able to give me some more anti-anxiety medication prior to the sedation. The next thing I remembered was being women up and the nurse dressing me. I wore my Uggs and she couldn't get them on. I also asked her if I bled a lot and she studdered and said a lot of tissue was removed.  I remember thanking the anesthesiologist profusely for helping me. I was desperate. I got in a wheelchair some how and made it to the car. I finally got home. My sweet MIL ordered us pizza and I was able to eat! I was starved prior to the procedure so I was excited to eat. I fell asleep until 5 or so and felt way better. My pain has been under control, just as discharge and bleeding has been minimal. Rachel sent me a beautiful flower arrangement that is probably the prettiest arrangement ever. Now it's 330A and I cannot sleep for the life of me. We did get a chance to book the rest of our vacation fun, so that wads nice vacation. We have 17 days! In that 17 days I have to finish school :( it's crunch time.


The import at part is I'm ok, right now.


Here's to more waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment