Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving...and more importantly..Black Friday!

Lets start with the food...because letsbehonest...Its one of my favorite days of the year. I had anticipated this day to be pretty horrible. I mean that with all kindness and everything, I just thought it would not be a great day for me. I had scheduled my procedure for the day before hoping I'd be good (and thank God I was!) and I had also tried to plan some of the food for the feast at my sister's house. The Husband and I had decided to skip out on his family's dinner this year due to trying to avoid getting upset. We figured some of his family that was involved in our botched adoption process would be there and to be quite honest, I'm really not ready to handle that. ESPECIALLY on the day after the procedure! Though I'm healing (from both, the procedure and the adoption) I'm still trying to get to 100%. Thank God for great family and friends...and SCHOOL. Who would've thought I would have said that last one?! :) So, I ended up eating with my sister and her family and my mom and running home to meet the Husband who just got off work. Though I had already eaten, it was nice to sit at the table with him and have him tell me, "I am thankful for you." I just needed to hear those 5 little words. It's been a rough year all around for everyone. I'm actually in a great place, but its not without a lot of work and stubbroness, really. I changed clothes and he fell asleep as I watched Elf.....for the 6-7 time. I am not kidding!! (Smiling is my favorite!)

Then I get the text 2 hours earlier than we had planned on going...


"Are you ready?!"

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH!

This is my day! I shop and condition for this! I had woken up at 445 am on Thanksgiving morning and did not get in bed until 845 on Black Friday. That is pretty awesome. We made it to Old Navy (and got the camera!), Kohl's (had a horrible line), Target (AWESOME!), and Wal-Mart (Pretty awesome!). ..oh and Big Lots (Ok!).

Every year we learn and perfect our Black Friday Shopping. Hopefully next year I can coax Louise to come experience it with us :) . Next year, I may skip out on Kohl's..at least hold off on it. Old Navy was a great place to do this year! We got waterproof cameras with a $40 purchase! They're good cameras too! Target was AWESOME!!! My trick was to go at 2 am. Everyone had gotten what they wanted and hit Wal-Mart and gone home. We were one of 15 shoppers at Target when we went. There were a few more at Wal-Mart but not much.

I think our two BEST buys of the day were :
- $12 Chef's mat at Big Lots. WE LOVE THIS THING!!!!!! Noo more hurting feet while I bake!
- $20 blow up Snowman from Wal-Mart. This thing has a story!

We were grabbing a few things while we were there, mostly we went to get a $20 blow up Santa for my sister. We were across the store and she asked where they were so I pointed and said "THERE! They're blown up!" So we go and look and look. There was no box in site! Finally we asked someone and they said they do not have any. OH great. Well I looked at the ad and looked at the one's blown up. They were the exact same! The only problem was they were about 15' in the air on this big shelf! We asked if we could buy them and they asked about 4 people and they finally said YES!!! Well at that point I decided to go ahead and get the snowman...especially if they're working on getting the Santa anyway. We waited..and waited...and waited..FOREVER! 35 minutes later they came with the lift and got them down! People were so excited we had them and had thought we found them somewhere. Dummies! They couldve asked just like we did!

Now to prepare for the Ugly Sweater Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment