Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Family ...shmamily.

So where to begin this little tale? The beginning is far too long and the end is pretty tragic. I'm not too sure.

Let me begin with, I'm Italian. I do everything 100%. A lot of times I get hurt in the process, but thus far, my brother is the only one who has been able to hurt me the most in my life.

My nephew has an iphone that I pay for. Yes, I know, bad mistake. He has one over his limits and keeps adding $40-50 to each bill. Its pretty ridiculous. His excuse is that "his phone plan sucks." Sorry buddy, not a good excuse. Long end of a short story, I asked him to call me and he told me "nah." I got pissed. I told him he needs an attitude adjustment and that he needs to call me. Pretty much he never called me. Instead he called his dad to tattle on me. This has go back and forth and back and forth. I have allowed myself to get SO ANGRY over this. He is 14...not 44. He needs to treat his family with respect. I have always been this guy's advocate and his confidante and for him to do this is like a big slap in the face.

I let that brew for 2 days.

Then I heard my brother's half-brother (he wasn't very close, but its his half-brother  nonetheless) passed away unexpectantly. I called to make my mends and give him my condolences. Instead of wanting to talk this out like adults I got the coldest shoulder. He told me "Yea, yeah..ok. You don't have to say anymore." When I tried to tell him we should talk about this phone thing he said, "Don't even worry about it, dont worry. Just cancel the sucker. Just do it. Forget it. Its sad that people have to fight over something so silly when people are dying out of nowhere. Just forget it..." I was pissed. This was all the while I was saying "This isnt about a phone!" He said "SURE IT IS!" Anyway, we kept talking over each other and did not accomplish anything. In fact, the only thing that was accomplished was me bawling my eyes out and screaming "ARE YOU F------NG KIDDING ME?!" and then him hanging up on me. I usualyl do not let people get the better of me..but lets be honest. This is my older brother. My dad was never there and besides my Poppies (GRHS)...this is it. For me to be absolutely rejected by him over something like this is insane. And on top of being insane, lets talk about his kid not respecting me. If this was my son doing that to him...........He would be walking crooked. This is not right.



And while I was writing this I decided to look at my phone bill. He has decided to rack up $80 in data charges. Wow. I did not even know that was possible. I am so upset. I feel betrayed in the worst kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment