Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend!

What a fabulous weekend we had! Where do I even begin??

I'm not sure what I did Friday, or if that even matters..because Saturday we  (N and I) went to an 80's prom!! We had such a fabulous time and...I'm pretty sure we looked the best! A weird electronic/new wave guy. But after that..it was rocking! What a great time! A Flock of Seagulls was supposed to be there as well..but they cancelled. Whatever..We still looked rad! 












Sunday, my sister had a little get together at her house for Memorial Day. It was great to see the two younger nephews swimming with their little big friends and all the good stuff to eat! Unfortunately the husband had to work, again, so I went married single. It never gets any easier. Before I went over there, I decided to whip together a little somethin-somethin. Vanilla cupcakes with amaretto (light amaratto) buttercream. Super good! I'm all about a cute cupcake stick/flag and liner. It just makes a broing cupcake...more fabulous. :)









On Monday, we went to the Husband's grandma's house. Its always so great and welcoming there. We go to eat the BEST steak in the world with equally as good twice baked potatoes. Yum! I bet you wish I had a picture of that, huh? We visited with all sorts of family and especially his cousin who is in the Army. After all, isn't this what this past Monday was about?





My Heroes.





Here is my Grandpa / Poppies. He is a WWII veteran and one of the most influential people in my life. He passed away Memorial Day 2008.















This is my fabulous cousin, Johnny. USMC to the core and I could not be any more proud of him, even if I wanted to. He has always been an amazing person. He's the proud husband and daddy to a beautiful wife and sun. I miss this guy!!


















This Memorial Day was filled with so much fun, friends, and family. I could not have planned a better weekend (well, maybe The Husband being off would have been cool). Having my Poppies pass away on Memorial Day always makes this weekend a little bit harder for me. For the past few Memorial Days, I make the trip to San Antonio to decorate my Poppies' grave and to talk to him. Thats normal, isn't it? Whatever! It makes me feel better, at least.



Happy Memorial Day, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment