Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011

Well that whole 30 day thing worked out pretty well, huh? :)

Its my first Saturday at home without having ANYTHING to do. Do you know how great this feels? Its crazy that over the last 5 years I have turned into a homebody. I used to hate that people did that. It meant they wouldn't come out with me...but now I'm that person. That goes to prove my theory on people's pet-peeves are most likely something they do themselves. In the last month, two wonderful friends moved away (half of my good, go-to friends, mind you), we entered into 2011, Christmas, we went to Dallas, I got a terrible tooth ache, and I got a new laptop. The good with the bad I guess.

I would've loved to say I got a new tattoo in there but my husband won't let me. ha! And Im perfectly okay with that. I wouldn't want him coming home with something crazy like a black panther on his chest. Okay..I wont lie, I'd think thats pretty awesome.


So here we are in 2011...

What do I want to accomplish in 2011? I don't particulary like setting "resolutions" though we do at my husband's parent's house every year and put them in a box we cannot open until the following year. But I prefer to ask myself what I'd like to challenge myself to do. Here's a few things I came up with.

- Raise my GPA to over a 3.1
- Run at least 2 5ks
- Gain some more self confidence
- Cut back my intake of Diet Coke.

These are things that are realistic yet something I need to and WANT to do. I'm doing my first 5k of the year in March. Its the Warrior Dash. Looks like a blasty. Its got beer at the end....you know I'm in!!:)

My GPA has been shot since the semester before we got married. My grandma was sick, I got pnuemonia, and uhhhhhhh we were planning a wedding. It was a little hard to stay in the game.

This self confidence thing.. geez. Where do I begin? I used to ooooze self confidence. I think ever since I gained a few pounds and moved here (4 years ago) and did not have any friends....it took a hit. Its been hard to gain it back. I'm back in the gym, but for myself this time. I have a hard yet easy to stick to regimend now so lets see what happens.

As for Diet Coke.. I'm pretty sure I've funded many employee's salaries with how much I drink it. I know I don't drink it as much as some. My inlaws specifically, but I do drink my fair share and I'd love to switch to mostly water.


I'll definitely be checking back in on these, for sure this time.

I hope everyone had a great new years and here we go! Onward and upwards!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Shannon yay i kind of made it into your blog whoop whoop! I am going to be keeping an eye on this blog, i feel i don't know you as well as i should. I will be joining you on the self confidence thing, not the running one though, i will be cutting down my starbucks visits this year, should be easy having no drive thru's here. I have no idea what i gpa is. hmmm i will take it is as Good Party Attendance what else could it be Girl Power Ability, Good Penis Attention (if 3 out of 10 men give you good attention in a day thats pretty good work)right i should stop here i miss you lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah Oh louise!!! How did I miss this? I miss you sooooooo much! Start a blog so I can keep up with you too! :)

    ReplyDelete