Sunday, January 9, 2011

snuggies were made for days like today.

As I'm sitting here trying to play the cool Aunt Shannon card (my nephew has been up over 24 hours. 12 of those hours were playing video games) I was tootin' along on facebook and was just reading statuses. The things that people put amaze me. In the last couple of months I've decided to quit posting all the time. I annoy myself sometimes when I do that. The people who continuely put exactly where they are going are even more annoying. Seriously? You think people care that youre doing X, X, X, X, and then maybe Z? I think facebook (and other social networking sites) have been abused. People stalk each other and get pissed off at what someone else wrote on facebook. Someone tried pulling that crap with me and I told them that if I had ANYTHING to say to them, I would have no issue with telling them straight up. Facebook, and the internet in general, give people the abilitiy to create an alternate persona. What happened to people's personalities? Its like people have to create one in order to get attention or to be 'cool.' So strange to me.

I think this all boils down to..I'm growing up..

Shocker, right there. :)


Heres a little list on things Facebook shouldn't be used for:

1. Talking trash about ANYONE that may be your 'friend.' (and speaking of that..1000+ friends? We both know thats not accurate.)

2. Going in detail about your (on-going) medical condition. Yes, its definitely okay to say "Im in the hospital because.." ...It is not okay to complain about your diarrhea.

3. Countdowns to anything but a wedding/graduations/baby annoy the shit out of me.

4. Repeated song lyrics. We get it, you like the song. When you couldn't even copy and paste it correctly, it loses all merit.

5. Posting family information. IE airing dirty laundry or important information. I don't like finding out people have passed away on freaking line.

No comments:

Post a Comment