Friday, September 17, 2010

9/16/10

My sleep schedule has been so messed up as of late. I go to bed at 2 or 2:30am, I wake up at 6:30 am, I take a nap at 1pm, I come home and sometimes fall asleep at 8pm, and wake up at 11pm. Holy moly! What I'd give to actually go to bed at 11pm. Before you say "Just stay up"..I try! Its not that easy for me! Tomorrow is Friday so I'll keep the complaining to a minimum. Oh wait..today is Friday. Even better!

My cousin Johnny absolutely made my night. I signed on to facebook and saw he wrote on my wall. Normally I could careless who or who does not send me something on there but him..its totally different. He's in Afgahnistan and has a newborn son, also named Johnny, who he has yet to meet. He's gone throw some losses the last few weeks, but overall is doing alright. Growing up he was like an older brother to me. I have an older brother, but he's 9 years older than me. Johnny is only 2 or 3 years older than me. Regardless, this man makes me so proud to be his cousin. No matter what he does, he does it with conviction and dedication without missing a beat. He's been deployed since May and luckily gets home by the holidays (fingers crossed, I know how the military works. :) )

Thinking of him makes me appreciate everything I have more. I'm already someone who thanks God for everything I have. I've been dealt a crappy hand of cards many of times, but yet I always prevail. I've been fortuante in the friends and family I have and the decisions I've made. And also the oppotunites that I've been able to partake in as well as their outcomes. I've always been a Carpe Diem kind of girl but as of late..mostly the last year or so..I honestly haven't been. Here's to doing it my way..





No comments:

Post a Comment