Saturday, September 4, 2010

25

So here I am! I havent blogged in over a month..but Lord knows Ive got plenty to talk about. We decided that we were going on vacation at the end of August. We had every intention on going to 8/28 in DC but our inlaws had some prior engagements that stopped them from going. So we decided to do something else. We went from wanting to go to Cozumel, to NYC, to Hawaii. Hawaii won! Thank goodness! It was so absolutely amazing! I got to meet a long time friend that...I never actually have met before. Weird, huh? She was fabulous. Her blog is equally as awesome. Anyway..we did lots of stuff..Hiked Diamond Head, hiked Manoa Falls, went to the Dole Plantation, the birthing stones, north shore, ala moana mall, the beach(!!!)..and mostly just enjoyed each other. We dont get to see each other nearly as much as we should and it was nice to have a week with his undivided attention. Also..something else very exciting...I turned 25!!!!!!! What an amazing thing. However, Im pretty sure Im not counting birthdays after this one. I woke up and looked at my phone and found all sorts of love from friends and family. I couldn't help but notice one person was noticiably absent. All day, I waited..without waiting. Does that make sense? Of course HE didn't wish me happy birthday.  I'm only your only child..the only family you have left. Awesome. It was kind of bittersweet. We've never had a great relationship. Let me rephrase that..we've never really had A relationship. It was a good time to just let go of any hope for one and realize the life I live is..just that. Mine. I can thank a lot of people for that. Mainly myself, Kyle, my mom, and my Poppies. My in-laws are pretty awesome too. :)

Moving on from that Debbie Downer crap-
We spent my 25 in Hawaii and then flew home that night (or morning, rather). Before I left I had planned on having a Labor Day LUAU! So excited! Itll be in honor of my birthday, my cousin, Shawn's (10 days..and many years before mine) and Labor Day of course. My best friends will all be there (except one). SO pumped! I'll definitely post a few pictures of the festivities.

Have a fabulous Labor Day, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment